Mushroom, Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced, about 2 cups
- 1 12" pizza crust
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4-5 oz mushrooms, sliced (I used shiitake)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
Saute onion slices, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, until lightly brown and very soft, about 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425F (check pizza crust instructions).
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest and juice, and thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the pizza crust.
Spread ricotta mixture to about 1/2 inch from edge.
Layer mushroom slices and caramelized onions all over the pizza.
Crumble goat cheese over everything.
Cook for about 10-12 minutes, based on dough being used.
For a printable recipe click here