Black bean and corn tostadas (serves 2 or 3 people)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 8 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Mexican blend, Cheddar or Monterey Jack work well)
- Salsa, salsa verde, sliced avocado
In a medium bowl, mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, and pepper flakes.
Squeeze the juice of the lime over the mix.
Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Lay the tortillas out evenly (a little overlap is ok).
Brush each with olive oil.
Top with about 1/3 cup of the bean mixture.
Sprinkle about 1-2 tbsp of cheese over each.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas start to brown.
Remove from oven and top with salsa; serve immediately.
For a printable recipe click here