- 12 oz white fish, such as tilapia, cut into 1/2 x 1 inch strips
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced (white section and 1 inch of green)
Mix the citrus juices, olive oil, salt, garlic, chile and hot pepper sauce together in a small bowl.
In a small plastic zipped bag, combine the fish and the marinade.
Mix well and seal, removing as much air as possible.
Lay flat and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
When the fish is cooked (opaque throughout), add the parsley, cilantro and green onions.
Add a squeeze of lime and pinch of salt if needed.
Serve the fish with a few tablespoons of the marinade and any garnishes you like.
For a printable recipe click here