Summer Vegetable Ratatouille
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- pinch dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
Saute the garlic cloves for a couple of minutes, until fragrant.
Add the sliced fennel, cooking until it starts to become tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes; cook a few minutes more.
Add zucchini, thyme, basil and red pepper flakes if desired, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Let the vegetables cook down for about 5-8 minutes before adding white wine.
Simmer the vegetables until completely cooked but not dry.
Correct seasonings and remove thyme stems and garlic cloves (optional, some people love the cooked garlic).
For a printable recipe click here