Teriyaki Glazed Fish
- 1/3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1.5 pounds Mahi-Mahi fillets
Stir in grated ginger and lime zest. For these, I highly recommend using a microplane as it makes the job much easier. It's also just a great tool to have in the kitchen.
Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes to extract the flavors of the ginger and lime.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
Season the fish with salt and pepper.
Generously spread the glaze over the fish.
Place the fish, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Broil directly under the heat for about 8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) pineapple juice (or 1 x 6 oz can with a little water)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- pinch of salt
Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and cook for about 25-30 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with a fork.
For a printable recipe click here