- Bones of a turkey or chicken, meat, skin and fat removed
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 celery stocks, chopped, leaves removed
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 parsley stems, leaves removed (save the leaves for another use)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried thyme
Pour in enough cold water to fully cover everything.
Bring stock to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
Simmer slowly for 4-5 hours, skimming the fat and foam off of the top every once in awhile.
The stock should be a golden color and taste like turkey/chicken.
Strain the liquid out and let it cool before storing in airtight containers in the refrigerator or freezer. This stock won't be salted like most store-bought stocks, so adjust future recipes accordingly.
For a printable recipe click here