Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Exciting News and Delicious Bubbly

Hello! I am alive, I promise. I have to apologize for being completely MIA these past few weeks. My life has been rather crazy recently, but in only wonderful ways. I am excited to announce that Gavin and I just purchased our first house together! Not only is this a big step in our life as a married couple but it also means that I have a lot more space to fit all of my fantastic kitchen appliances. I have my priorities, obviously. Seriously though, our new house does have a great kitchen and I'm very much looking forward to setting it up the way I like it and doing some serious cooking. I've made a few simple meals in our new place, but nothing worthy of a post as of yet. Unfortunately this might have to wait until January when things have calmed down a bit and I'm able to take a deep breath.
In addition to our big house news, I am also excited to announce that I got the job I've been wanting for awhile now. I am very proud to have joined the fantastic staff at Wine Authorities! So not only do I get to spread the joy of delicious, well-made wine to those of you lucky enough to live in Durham, but I also get to expand my own wine knowledge and share it with all of you. My particular goal is to learn as much as I can about wine and food pairings and match delicious, easy to make recipes with wine. It is a terribly difficult process of research and study, but I am willing to take on the challenge. :)
To celebrate our house closing and my new job, my dad broke out a bottle of Dom Perignon (1999), a gift he received from a very thoughtful friend. Although I don't know a lot about champagne, I do know that a single vintage (year) is somewhat rare and that good champagne can be aged. This was definitely not your average glass of wedding bubbly. It had the full-bodied taste of a really good Chardonnay with a nice clean finish imparted by the bubbles. I haven't had a lot of true champagnes (from the Champagne region of France) but I'm sure this compares to some of the better bottles produced in that area. Needless to say, it was definitely a treat to share this bottle with my family, especially given the joy of the occasion.

Sadly there is no recipe to accompany this post and there probably won't be a new one for a couple of weeks now. But I wanted to share the good news and assure everyone that I am not only alive, but doing quite well. Happy holidays to all and I'll be back in the new year, fired up and ready to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment