Zucchini Ribbon Salad
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (always use good oil for salad dressings)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Small wedge of Parmesan cheese
Slice the ends off of the zucchini and peel long ribbons from top to bottom with a vegetable peeler or mandoline. You want about 4 cups + of ribbons.
Toss the zucchini ribbons with basil, pine nuts and most of the dressing. Add more dressing if desired.
Season with a bit more salt and pepper if needed.
Plate and shave strips of Parmesan cheese over the top or sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
For a printable recipe click here