Summer Vegetable Ratatouille with Feta
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4-5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme, or 2-3 tsp fresh
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Add garlic cloves, zucchini and yellow squash, season with a pinch of salt and pepper; saute for a few minutes.
Add eggplant and tomato, stirring to combine. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5-8 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, red wine vinegar, thyme and sugar. Season with a bit more salt and pepper.
Simmer sauce for about 8-10 minutes until all of the flavors are well combined and the vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat and stir in crumbled feta and fresh basil. Check seasoning and add more salt or pepper if needed.
Serve sauce over cooked pasta or rice and garnish with a bit more feta cheese.
For a printable recipe click here