Fast and Easy Veggie Burritos (serves 4)
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks or small cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 16oz bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1 10oz bag frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Dash, or more, of hot sauce, depending on your taste
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Shredded Cheddar or your favorite cheese
- Salsa, sour cream, or any topping of your choice
Saute onion, carrot and garlic for a few minutes to soften. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Stir in tomato sauce, broccoli, corn, black beans, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and let the mixture simmer for about 5-8 minutes, until everything is heated through.
Warm the tortillas in a low oven or, covered, in the microwave.
Serve the burrito mixture in the tortillas topped with cheese and any other toppings you like.
For a printable recipe click here